Studentlya.nu is Sweden's largest housing site for students which helps them to find accommodation before, during and partly after their studies. Our goal is that no student should have to refrain from learning due to lack of housing.
That is why we invite owners and landlords who have access to student rooms, apartments or part of their villa to rent them out to students who visit our site.
Students are offered to rent accommodation from those who advertise on our site.
This guide is intended to facilitate International Students access on our site and provides you with useful information in order to get your best searching results.
1. We NEITHER own NOR have any apartments or house to let to you. They are provided by the owners or landlords.
2. To search for accommodation click on the map of the start page of the site for the region you are interested in.
3. By clicking on the map you will see all available accommodations in that region.
4. You can filter your search results by choosing the city or region you are interested in for example Stockholms or Västra Götaland for Gothenburg; rental amount (hyra från-till);number of rooms (rum från-till); area (m2 från-till).Once you complete your search criteria press search button (sök).
5. To view the full text of the ad and contact information press read more button (läs mer). Every ad has even a location map which makes guidance easier.
6. To be able to see the contact information (e-mail, phone etc) of the owners and landlords you MUST register an account with Studentlya.nu otherwise you won´t be able to contact the owners and landlords.
7. To get regular information and stay updated visit www.studentlya.nu as well as like us on Facebook via www.facebook.com/studentlya
8. We recommend you to use Google Chrome web browser in order to get an appropriate translation of your searching.
We want to warn our visitors that there might be scammers who post fake ads on Studentlya.nu and other housing sites.
When you look for apartments or accommodation there are things you shall keep in mind such as:
1. Make sure that the apartment exists.
2. Do NOT pay any deposit before you have seen the apartment.
3. Make sure that the person who is letting the apartment has the right to lease it.
4. If payment is to be made abroad and with "anonymous" payment methods such as Western Union or Paypal be extra careful. Ask to be able to make the payment of deposit to a regular Swedish bank account.
5. Do NOT send your identity papers such as passport or driving license or give out personal information like social security, bank account, or credit card numbers before you have seen the apartment and know you are dealing with an honest landlord. Identity theft may occur.
6. Report any false advertisements to us. Send us the ID number of the ad if you suspect fraud.
7. If you have been scammed report it to the police.
Good luck with your hunt for accommodation!